Sometimes a man might ignore you, to make you realise his importance, and get some more of your attention. At times the reason for his ignoring you might be with an intention, that he’ll become indispensable to you and that you’ll succumb to his desires in order to please him. Initially, when your man starts ignoring you, you tend to come up with such thoughts. You tend to believe this, in the beginning when he ignores you for some time, but when his ignoring gets prolonged, you start getting unsure as to what are his real intentions and reasons of keeping you away from him. Your mind starts dwelling on other things; insecurity regarding the relationship creeps in and you wish that his ignoring you, ends soon. No more are you able to take it lightly; it results into heart ache and anguish.
The suffering you go through when he ignores you is unexplainable. Not only is it awfully unbearable, it even harms your self esteem and psyche to quite an extent. When he is ignoring you, the first question that comes to your mind is that, “has he lost interest in you?” The possibility of his being attracted to someone else looms large on your head. You try all the possibilities that might help you to get his attention back. Still if you don’t find taking interest in you and he keeps ignoring you, then it is better to leave him and understand that you have to handle your life without him. His thoughts, if they are still monopolising your mind, have to be pushed back and you have to handle his ignoring you in the most regal way possible. To handle the man ignoring you and make yourself strong and independent is one sure thing which is going to get back your confidence in yourself.
How to handle a man ignoring you? – Mentioned below are points that are aimed at handling the situation in the best possible manner.
1. Accept the fact that something has gone amiss in the relationship- Try to accept the fact that he is ignoring you. Try to get over the thoughts that he should come back to you and that the things should again be the way they were. Stop waiting for his phone calls. Stop that desire to see him, just for a while. Stop the desire of his replying warmly to your chat initiatives.
2. Stop making yourself miserable- The fact remains that the chances of getting back the beautiful moments are now less. Accept this fact. If you handle the situation practically, there is a possibility of you coping up with the circumstances in a better way. Be realistic. Try to see the situation from the balanced point of view.
3. Ponder on the reasons what made him drift away from you- Just try and review the relationship rationally without being prejudiced. Know what’s gone wrong between you two. If it is something concerning you, and if you can manage to rectify it, you might get back the spark in the relationship. If it is something else on his mind then accept that there is hardly much achievable now.
4. Try to communicate with him and figure out the reason of his ignoring you.- Try to talk to him and listen what he says. Think rationally. Don’t jump to assumptions. Don’t pressurise him. If the reasons for his ignoring you are workable then you have won the battle.
5. Try once to tell him the feelings you have for him- Go with a clear and balanced mind. Let him know that how much you value his presence and company. Try to hold yourself and try not to be crying or emotional. If he still wants it to be over after listening to you then give him his space and call it quits. Consider his point of view.
6. Stop chasing him and apologising- Once it is clear that he wishes to ignore you and doesn’t want to be close to you, stop chasing and approaching him. Don’t go on apologising or persuading him to come back to you. Maintain distance. Mingle with other people, your friends. Look happy and be playful. Don’t look needy. This is certainly easier said than done, but this is one step which you have to incorporate in your life. How soon you can bring yourself in this mode depends upon the severity of your relationship with him.
7. Use your time wisely- Try to think of ways to spend the ample time you have with you now, because of his absence. Carve out your own identity by engaging in fruitful activities. Try to fill the void. Use time for your advancement. Try to be yourself.
8. Don’t complain about him- Don’t be badmouthed. Handle your emotions. Don’t complain or crib about his behaviour in front of his friends or acquaintance. Abstaining yourself from saying badly about him will help you steer clear from his thoughts faster.
9. Pat yourself for being strong and for handling the fact that he is ignoring you –If a man is ignoring you for reasons pertaining to your personality or behaviour doesn’t imply that you are not good. You are an individual with your own likes and preferences. If anyone can't get along with you, the sheer reason for it is incompatibility. If your man ignores you, it in no way makes you less attractive or lesser in any other respect. Be confident of yourself and your capabilities.
10. Be hopeful. There is someone better in store for you- If you’ve been capable of taking his ignoring you with a strong countenance, this alone shows the courage and strength you possess. Such an outstanding person like you certainly deserves a partner capable of loving you, valuing you and one who will not at all ignore you. So let the unworthy go, so as to make place for someone better, someone you deserve. That someone who wants you to be a part of his life will make your life wonderful again.
Passage of time might heal your pain. It might happen that you might get lucky again to come together or it might so happen that you part away forever. If that happens, know that it would be for the better as there is no point in dragging a relationship. The best thing to do will be to handle a man ignoring you in a dignified way, so that the pain is minimized for you.